Precision Immobilization Technique (P.I.T.) Training (Class is Full)
The Southwest Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy will be conducting a Precision Immobilization Technique (P.I.T.) Class on August 3 – 4, 2023.
Course Description: This course is designed to provide the law enforcement officer with the skills and knowledge necessary to properly perform the Precision Immobilization Technique (P.I.T.) while enabling officers to maintain officer safety aspects and the safety of other motorists not involved in a vehicle pursuit.
Who Should Attend: Law enforcement officers working in an enforcement capacity and who are employed by an agency that currently utilizes the P.I.T. maneuver to terminate vehicle pursuits.
- The training will consist of both classroom and practical training to include Legal Considerations, P.I.T. and Rolling Roadblocks.
- The class will begin at the academy on Day 1 for the classroom portion prior to driving to the track at Walter’s State Public Safety Center. Day 2 will be held entirely at the Walter’s State Public Safety Center.
- SVCJTA will provide the training vehicles.
- Each participant must bring a DOT approved helmet. (SVCJTA has a limited number of helmets and we will make these available upon request).
- Class size is limited to 12 officers
Tuition: Free to member agencies.
Registration: Registration is through TRACER.