National Traffic Incident Management Responder Training
- 5 Firefighters are struck and killed each
- 1 Police Officer is struck and killed each mont
- 1 Tow Operator is struck and killed each wee
A new coordinated, multi-disciplinary training program developed through the Second Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP2) available for all emergency responders and those supporting Traffic Incident Management operations.
This training puts police, firefighters, state and local departments of transportation, towing, medical personnel, and other incident responders on the same page, leading to a safer, faster, integrated responder team.
- Faster incident response and clearance times result in fewer secondary crashes.
- Training results in less exposure of responder team to moving traffic during recovery.
- Less congestion leads to fewer freight and traveler delays in backups.
- Fewer secondary crashes save on insurance claims.
- Faster cleanups lead to cost savings for incident personnel.
- Smarter response techniques cut congestion clearance time – decreasing delays.
|Training provided at no cost.|
|EMTs & Paramedics receive 4.0 CEs in Category 1 from OEMS.|
|Law Enforcement Officers receive 4 hours in Career Development/Elective from DCJS.|
|Date & Time:||Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 8:00 am. to 12:00 pm.|
|Registration:||Academy Registration Form|
|Location:||Southwest VA Criminal Justice Training Academy|
|1595 Bonham Road|
|Bristol VA. 24201|
If you have any questions, please email Eric Malone at Eric. Malone@vdot.virginia.gov