Inspirational, Trustworthy Leaders – The Power of Character/Leadership and Ethics – Preventing Corruption
Pointman Leadership Institute. Registration through DCJS.
The DCJS Virginia Center for School and Campus Safety is pleased to offer Pointman Leadership Institute’s two-day professional development course on effective leadership and ethical decision making. Experience practical leadership ideas, innovative methods and powerful techniques you can implement immediately. This training is built on the 8 major character traits that form the foundation of powerful, influential leaders and will demonstrate how character-based leadership influences an organization at all levels.
Day One: Inspirational, Trustworthy Leaders – The Power of Character
In this course you will learn to:
- Develop your personal plan for professional growth
- Take a proactive approach to leading others
- Gain confidence and apply time tested leadership skills
- Experience greater career performance and increased job satisfaction
Day Two: Leadership and Ethics – Preventing Corruption
In this course, you will learn to:
- Take tangible action to prevent or reduce corruption
- Increase public confidence and trust with employees
- Establish higher standards for performance for officers as well as other law enforcement personnel
- Enhance professional integrity; encouraging greater transparency and accountability
Who should attend?
This training is open only to sworn law enforcement officers.
Partial In-service Credit
Law enforcement officers who complete this training are eligible to receive partial in-service credit hours.
Training Time and Details
- Check-in for the training will begin at 7:30 am each day.
- Training will begin at 8:00 am and conclude at 4:30 pm each day.
Cost and Registration
There is no fee to attend this training and all training materials will be provided for registrants. Pre-registration is required.
Please note that the DCJS registration system does not have the capacity to sort eligible from ineligible registrants. Therefore, anyone who registers will receive a confirmation. It is the responsibility of the DCJS assigned course director to review the roster and make a final determination on acceptance into the course. Registrants not accepted will be notified via the email address provided during registration.
Participants will be required to complete a Participant Screening and Waiver prior to attending the training. This will be emailed to registrants before the training and will also be available to complete at check-in on the day of the training.
PLEASE NOTE: DCJS is preparing and planning to continue holding training sessions and conferences after a resumption of normal activities. Every effort will be made to hold this scheduled training, however, due to the uncertainty of the progression of the COVID-19, this training may require rescheduling. You will be notified by email if this training is rescheduled. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding.