IALEFI Master Instructor Development Program
The IALEFI Master Instructor Development Program (MIDP) was designed to provide continuing education to individuals certified as firearms instructors. Foundation courses of the MIDP include instructor-level training on the three most commonly utilized law enforcement weapon systems; handgun, rifle, and shotgun.
Different proven methodologies will be used to enhance the teaching skills of the police firearms instructor. Hands-on skills will progress from the basics to the more complex and all participants regardless of skill level will find themselves challenged. Practical exercise will emphasize both practical marksmanship and operational skills.
Throughout the three-day program, participants will be shown drills designed to improve the performance of both proficient and problem shooters. The information presented will prove especially useful in creating a positive training experience that will ultimately result in greater officer safety.
- range safety
- review of shooting fundamentals/positions
- operational skills
- basic tactics such as movement, use of cover, light management, etc.
- shooter remediation
- adult learning concepts
- coaching strategies
- course design
Course Requirements: (may vary student advised at registration)
- Pistol and holster, 400 rounds, and 10 dummy rounds
- Semi-auto rifle with a sling, 300 rounds, and 3 magazines
- Shotgun, pistol, 120 rounds (at least 20 rounds buckshot, 10 rounds slugs, birdshot okay for the rest).
- A Black Marker, wrap-around eye protection, ear protection, and a brimmed hat
- Hydration fluids and snacks
IALEFI Member Price: $450.00
Non-Member Price: $505.00 (which includes one-year membership upon completion and approval of the IALEFI membership application.